Vintage Mike Smith
Everyone has one – a Mike Smith story. You probably learned something new about chemistry or saw a familiar concept from a different perspective. Or, better, you heard a story about a fellow chemist that made you laugh out loud. That is vintage Mike Smith.
On Saturday May 19, 2018, the Department of Chemistry at the University of Connecticut will celebrate the distinguished scholarship of our colleague Mike Smith with a symposium and banquet. Please save the date and join our celebration.
Date: Saturday May 19, 2018
symposium: 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., Chemistry Building A-203
- 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.: Bob Volkmann, BioPharmaWorks “Curiosity-Driven Science: A Fifty Year Progress Report”
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.: Amber Onorato, Northern Kentucky University “How My Research Mentor Made Me a Great Research Mentor”
- 2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.: Refreshments break
- 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.: Sid Hecht, Arizona State University “Protein Synthesis with Non-alpha Amino Acids”
- 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.: Vic Snieckus, Queen’s University “The Directed ortho Metalation Reaction: A Textbook Reaction Soon?”
dinner: 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., Alumni Center
Questions can be directed to email@example.com.