AP Credit

AP (Advanced Placement) scores can provide students with college credits. For students that receive a score of a 4 or 5 on the College Board AP Examination Chemistry test, 8.00 UConn credits will be granted as the equivalent of CHEM 1127Q and 1128Q.

However, exam scores received in July or August will most likely not be applied to your record prior to the start of the fall semester. Therefore, a permission number would be needed to enroll in upper level courses (granted during a summer orientation registration session or via an advisor).

For more information, consult Undergraduate Admissions.

ECE Credit

UConn Early College Experience (ECE) is a concurrent enrollment program that allows motivated high school students to take UConn courses at their high schools for both high school and college credit. Every course taken through UConn ECE is equivalent to the same course at the University of Connecticut.

High school instructors who have been certified through the University of Connecticut serve as adjunct faculty members and teach UConn ECE courses.

General Chemistry courses are offered via UConn's ECE program. If you earn a grade of C or higher in your UConn Chemistry course, you will have 8.00 equivalent credits applied toward your UConn non-degree transcript.

If you earn a grade below a C, your course grade will be automatically changed to an audit. UConn ECE should be a beneficial way to begin your college career and is not meant to penalize your grade point average. Students do not earn credit for courses that have been changed to audit. Audited courses do appear on your UConn non-degree transcript, but do not affect your grade point average. However, during the month of December, the Office of the Registrar will contact ECE students via e-mail with the option to eliminate ECE courses from their transcript if desired.

For more information, consult the Early College Experience Program.

Transfer Courses

Connecticut Transfer Credits

In-state transfer course equivalencies can be found via Undergraduate Admission's Transfer Course Equivalencies Tool.

Undergraduate Transfer Admissions is ultimately responsible for transfer credit evaluation.

Out-of-State Transfer Credits

Out-of-state courses must be reviewed by a representative from each department. Please contact Chemistry Associate Professor Nicholas Leadbeater for more information.