Create strong bonds with the UConn Department of Chemistry
The Department of Chemistry is rooted in rigorous academics.
We also deeply value collaboration, innovation, and public engagement. As a result, our students and scholars find success at UConn and beyond, and use their skills to solve the world’s most pressing problems.
By the Numbers
Lab sections taught per year
Annual research expenditures
Students can pursue a BA, BS, or minor in Chemistry.
Our Department offers Ph.D. and master’s degree options.
Our researchers uncover new insights through advanced equipment and interdisciplinary collaboration.
Find contact information and specialties for our Department’s faculty and staff members.
- Graduate Student Maggie Ward Awarded NSF-GRFPPosted on May 1, 2023
- Prof. Nicholas Leadbeater Awarded 2023 CLAS Mentoring AwardPosted on May 1, 2023
- UConn Chemistry is Hiring! Financial Assistant 1Posted on January 24, 2023
- Interactive Periodic Table Tells Stories, One Element at a TimePosted on November 10, 2022
- Workplace NavigatorsPosted on November 8, 2022